Wednesday, June 27, 2007

cool to booze..

18 was the age that attracted me the most. Never for the stereotype reasons like you think it is.Somehow I never felt the legal importance. Maybe it was an eerie logic I set within myself that i m growing everyday. Therefore the day I turn to be an adult would not possibly create any difference with my thinking.
However how can i not mention that this two digit number of age gave me the admission to hit the clubs, party hard and to accept the 'canned heat' into my body.Yes, I can let the spirit feel gushing hard through my vocal bands. I am sure I could have a drink or two before attaining adulthood too. Although the satisfaction attained from the latter is not so justifying. Initially the hype created in my mind was just irresistible. I wanted to live the feeling where my mind has no control absolutely. Like they portray scenes in some Hindi movies, one's head seems to be spinning.What attracted me the most was individuals laughing absolutely without any reason. That's when they use the phrase 'i m high!'
I was way anxious to boast about feeling those three words.Seems to be a perfect example of a wannabe. Well. that is something i would never prefer to be called. Perhaps boozing in that era, for me, seemed to be much cooler than even being a wannabe. Perfect enough for the world to realize of how teenagers fall off track in search of being hip! I thought it was "cool to booze"
Opportunity seldom knocks and leaves. Wise of the lot catches up with such chances. And one fine evening during one of my friend's birthday all my eyes could notice were glasses filled with liquids that give all the kick required.
Yeah baby! Vodka is what they call them.Somehow the colorless transparent fluid attracted me a lot. I walked towards the bottle which seemed to have welcoming me. Instincts made it clear - 'its now or never' I could have it all today - the feeling, the fun, the kick. All that I had been waiting for. But there was this one doubt that ran across my mind, 'Is it only me who is acting so desperate about trying to try a drink or two?' On that note I am sure many of my wannabe friends too had it in their minds. Somethings are just better unsaid.Just when the dj got unplugged and started experimenting with various genres i quickly hogged away on those drinks.Well and the case had to be screwed sure enough! Did I even know or did somebody even bother telling me "dudette, vodka is never swallowed concentrated and should always be diluted." Hell, did i invite problems for myself? All i could now feel was my brain very well responding to the musical prodigy. Am i getting carried away? HUH! Three cheers to all my efforts! Yes, i have indeed reached another world.
Just then i heard a voice, quite blur, approaching me ,"Sweetie... Are you alright?" Swinging along I answered, "Yeah I am!" Well i wasn't! I always lie.Well the paradox just explains it well because if it is true what I said must be false. But human beings i tell you, never satisfied with what they have.'Should i have some more even when i am in such a condition where in i am not even walking straight but imitating a snake's trail. Gradually I realized I was uttering plain nonsense. Nobody really even bothered to pay attention to the crap i spelt out. Holly cows! Ultimately I did grab everybody's attention until I started weeping loud. Is this what i was looking forward to? Don't I have enough of to weep about otherwise?
YES! You can say it out loud. I did make a fool of myself. Embarrassing enough for me to run away.I swear on the holy book n solemnly declare I will keep away from such toxic liquids which make me weep. But today it's just a matter for my friends to pull my leg. Be 18 or 80.. rock n roll without booze! I am cool, smart, hep, sassy yet i don't smoke and booze!

3 comments:

Harris said...

i laughed from start to finish :)

Unknown said...

aww i wish i could comment on that1 ...
i've done both i've quit on 1...
perceptions point of veiw ..
but truthfully its jus ur way of taking life .. having ur own level of will power .. and ur own level of dedication ..

P.S : i Do such things a lot infact every week, open any random blog.. it jus shows me how ppl are their different ways thier different perceptions.. their on way of living life .. thier own way of jotting it down ...

ell kae said...

assum...is all dat i can say...
publish dis mahn if poss ..might wrk for the drunkards n smokers to actually QUIT!...CHEERS!